Use the clone brush to correct a LO gone bad...

Moderator: Site CT

Use the clone brush to correct a LO gone bad...

Postby Veelana999 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:56 pm

Doing my current project 365 LO I was in such a hurry that I forgot to delete the layer that should be invisible from the template...
Normally that wouldn't be so bad because I'd still have the .psd files and just save the .jpg over the old one, but I didn't save my chnges in the .psd - I thought I was done.
Luckily I didn't delete the old saved version yet...
So, if this ever happenes to you, this is what you can do:

See? Thats the LO I'm trying to save. ugly guide lines everywhere...

Here is the version I saved on friday - still missing the weekend pictures and all of the journalling. I didn't want to re-do the things I was still missing...

So I seved the .psd file as a .jpg and zoomed in on both documents to 200%, focusing on the bottom right corner.

With the clone stamp selected I "Alt+clicked" on a spot on the left document that I would be able to recreate on the right document (where paper and stitches meet), and then clicked on the exact same spot on the document I want to change. After that, it's easy.

Just use the stamp like a brush - the clone stamp will copy your motion on the other picture and paint whatever is on that pic onto the one you're painting on.

Done! thank you, clone stamp! Now , if you always check your files before saving, you will not need this - but it might come in handy sometime, who knows?

Have fun playing with this!
~Vee
Veelana999
Wand Waver

Postby annscraps » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:57 pm

Great tutorial on the clone brush! I love using that tool for removing unwanted food from my kids faces :-D

Thanks for sharing! :thanks
annscraps
Site Wildflower Girl

Postby Tee » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:26 pm

this is a fantastic tutorial...it is a great little photoshop tool :) It is fun to play with that and darken and lighten settings to take out hot spots on faces too :)
Tee
Site Wildflower Girl

Postby Veelana999 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:01 pm

annscraps wrote:Great tutorial on the clone brush! I love using that tool for removing unwanted food from my kids faces :-D

Thanks for sharing! :thanks

I have to try that!
Glad you like it! Thank you, Tee, for letting me post this :-)
Veelana999
Wand Waver

Return to Tutorials