TTTT: Tracking Credits/ File Info/ PS PostItNote :)

Moderator: Site CT

TTTT: Tracking Credits/ File Info/ PS PostItNote :)

Postby Tee » Tue May 26, 2009 6:31 am

I LOVED this little spot in Photoshop when I am making layouts with goodies that come from different ktis, and especially when I am mixing designers so I can keep track for credits.

Today I am using it as a reminder to myself of two photos that I need to take and put in my LIFE 365 page for this day...my girls gave me adorable artwork for Mother's Day and I want to scan it in and add it to my layout. So that I can remember these fill in spots I used this little PS tool.

Tee
Site Wildflower Girl

Great idea!

Postby kellylee » Wed May 27, 2009 5:55 am

That's a brilliant idea. I've usually got post-it notes stuck to the monitor to track credits.
kellylee
Wand Waver

Postby jleigh76 » Wed May 27, 2009 11:18 am

I use this feature TOO :clap I would be SO lost if I didn't!

jleigh76
Site Wildflower Girl

Postby Kenna (ratherBscrappin) » Thu May 28, 2009 6:56 am

I use to use File Info all the time and it is a handy little gadget. But for some unknown reason, I've abandoned it!! :teehee

When working my layouts, I always name each layer with whatever it is I've used.
Example: Layer 0 = Background Paper: Kraft Life 365, Layer 1 = Staple: GMH AI2, and so on.

Then when I'm finished, I open up my handy dandy notepad (puter), do a copy paste and save it as a .txt file naming it with my layout's title: "Layout Title - Credits".

I think my reasoning behind my abandoning the File Info, is that when I needed to get to the credits, I hated having to wait for PSE to load, wait for my layout to open, then do a copy/paste kinda thing to that handy dandy notepad! So, I tossed the File info and just kept that notepad! :D

In my old age, I've become very impatient!! Image
Kenna (ratherBscrappin)
Site Wildflower Girl

Postby Tee » Thu May 28, 2009 7:06 am

I like the "notepad" option...so smart!!! :)
Tee
Site Wildflower Girl

Postby jonee » Thu May 28, 2009 10:01 am

Kenna (ratherBscrappin) wrote:I use to use File Info all the time and it is a handy little gadget. But for some unknown reason, I've abandoned it!! :teehee

When working my layouts, I always name each layer with whatever it is I've used.
Example: Layer 0 = Background Paper: Kraft Life 365, Layer 1 = Staple: GMH AI2, and so on.

Then when I'm finished, I open up my handy dandy notepad (puter), do a copy paste and save it as a .txt file naming it with my layout's title: "Layout Title - Credits".

I think my reasoning behind my abandoning the File Info, is that when I needed to get to the credits, I hated having to wait for PSE to load, wait for my layout to open, then do a copy/paste kinda thing to that handy dandy notepad! So, I tossed the File info and just kept that notepad! :D

In my old age, I've become very impatient!! Image

Me too! :D I try to remember to rename the layers and I use Notepad for any layouts that I don't immediately upload, especially if it's a complex list of credits. I'm thinking though that I should be using the File Info for my photos for any info I might forget.
jonee
WW Fan

Return to Tutorials